Navigation

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dental Phobia?!?!?!?!?!



One would think that 2 years in dental assisting school, and 5 years working as a dental assistant, that I would be totally cool with getting in that chair and having work done.....Right??? WRONG! I am the absolute WORST patient EVER! About 5 years ago I got my first cavity.....EVER. AND it wasnt even just one.....it was 6!!!!!!!!!!!!HOLY SHIT. Did I get them fixed? Ummm nope. They have been there for 5 years because I am a big chicken. But that changed recently. Summer is our slower time of the year so about a month ago we had some patients cancel, so they FORCED me in the chair to take care of some of the cavities. I was a wreck, I thought I was going to pass out and all. I got hooked up to the gas (nitrous) and sat there shaking like a leaf the whole time. Its not that I am scared of the shot or the drill, I just dont like people all up in my space like that! I guess I am clausterphobic when it comes to my mouth. So anyways, yesterday they forced me back in the chair to have the rest done and now I am PROUDLY cavity free! Haha. I love my job, really I do, but I am much better on the other side of the chair............

1 comment:

Nathan Bedingfield said...

HAHA! Everyone has a certain fear that is quite embarrassing to admit. You'll get over that fear, eventually. What's funny is that you used to work as a dental assistant. :D

Post a Comment